Rafting in Bhote Koshi – 2Days
- Lunch & Dinner
- Airport Transfers
- River Name: Bhotekoshi
- Duration: 2 days
- Grade: Moderate
- Strats from: Khadichaur
- Ends to: Sukute Beach
Rafting in Bhote Koshi River is an unforgettable adventure memory of Himalayas. Bhote Koshi River (in Tibetan language the river is called Rongshar Tsangpo) emerges from Tibet then further branching from Sun Koshi, one of the favourites Rafting river for its fast-paced adventure thrilling in Nepal. The source of the Rongshar Tsangpo or Bhote Koshi River lies in the mountains to the east of the Kathmandu – Lhasa Highway in Tibet. After flowing through Tingri County of Tibet, the Rongshar Tsangpo enters Nepal downstream from Drubden, at an elevation of 2,750 meters (9,020 ft). In Nepal, it flows through steep and deep gorges and joins the Sun Koshi, downstream from Barabise.
The Bhotekoshi is the steepest river rafted in Nepal. With a gradient of 15m per km it is a full eight times as steep as the Sunkoshi, which it feeds further downstream. The river carves a steep and direct drop at the top that gradually eases to more placid streams and the calmer pools with a 46km run at the Lamasangu dam. During the Rafting in Bhote Koshi river, we hit the rapids of class IV- V at high flow, and Class III at lower levels. The Bhotekoshi is used for both rafting and kayaking. The river is steep and continuous with one rapid leading into another.
Things to take with you:
- T-shirt, swim wear, Sun cream, Sun glass, sport shoes, Lips protector, Cap and light trouser to wear in river
- Light Jacket, Fleece or a pullover and Sleeping bag for the evenings
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best)
- Personal medication, Flashlight and Footwear
DRIVE FROM KATHMANDU - KHADICHAOUR AND START THE RAFT
Early morning departure from Kathmandu and drive to Khadichour ( Lower section of Bhote Koshi) the starting point of white water rafting. We will have a lunch at river bank then rafting guidelines/ Tips will be given by raft instructor. We will have fun preparing the Rafting boat, then once it is ready a safety Kayak will lead us the river and starts our white water rafting journey for next 3 hours. Today, would be a first day for training, how to paddle and follow the instruction for the safety purpose. Passing class 3 rapids we will reach the popular camping Sukute beach. Take off the rafting boat and we will start our camping in Sukute. Relax, have fun and at evening dinner will be provided camp-side. Overnight in Sukute Beach.1ST DAY
- Two way Transportation from Kathmandu - Chraudiphedi - Sukute Beach - Khurasani Bari- Lama Sanghu Dam to Kathmandu.
- Meals plan in Full Board ( Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Necessary Rafting equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, Lifejackets, Helmets, Plastic Paddles, Wetsuits , Camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary river Permit, Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in River beach
- Professional River Safety Kayak
- Food, accommodation, insurance for the staff and transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid Rafting Kid Box
- Personal health insurance and travel insurance
- International and Domestic air TKT if required.
- The beverages and meals not included in Itinerary
- Visa for Nepal if applicable.
- Personal Expenses such as Liquor, Laundry, room Services, phone calls etc.
- Hotel Accommodation if you do not like to saty in Camp, Perosnal Toiletries etc
- Emergency Evacuation if required and Sleeping bag
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay/ cancellation/ hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities.